Resides: Kubin, Mua Island, Torres Strait Islands
Language: Torres Strait Creole
Art Centre: Ngalmun Lagau Minaral Arts, Moa Island
Lino-cut, woodblock, etching plate, ghostnet.
- 2011 Gab Titui Cultural Centre Torres Strait Islands – 2D Award. Best Work on paper or canvas
- 2012 Gab Titui Cultural Centre Torres Strait Islands – Highly Commended
- 2012 NATSIAA – Highly Commended
- 2013 NATSIAA - Finalist
- 2011 Gab Titui Cultural Centre Torres Strait Islands
- 2011 Cairns Indigenous Art Fair
- 2012 Gab Titui Cultural Centre Torres Strait Islands
- 2013 Cairns Indigenous Art Fair
- 2012 NATSIAA, Museum and Art Gallery Northern Territory
I currently reside at Kubin on Mua Island although I am from Badu Island. I started working as an Administrative Assistant at Ngalmun Lagau Minaral Art Centre. I now work as Regional Manager, Kubin Council.
I was first introduced to art at high school and was taken by the many different styles and techniques used in the creation of art. We worked on screen-printing, batik and pottery. I have always loved drawing and developing different styles in my spare time.
My biggest influence and inspiration in my art has been my brother, well known artist, Laurie Nona. Laurie made my love for art continue throughout my life until today. He is someone I look up to. Since working at Ngalmun Lagau Minaral (NLM) Arts in Kubin I have had the opportunity to work with different mediums such as linocut and etching plates. I feel blessed that NLM has enabled me to express what I love doing and create fine art.
I believe that art is a significant way for me as a Torres Strait Islander woman to express myself. I hope the results demonstrate this.